As outline in this letter from General Manager Josh Bailey, sent out on July 7, 2021 (please contact the office if you wish to be added to our email list), the following adjustments will be implemented starting July 8, 2021.
In the Special Board Meeting held on July 6, 2021 at 2pm, the Board of Directors made the decision to allow growers to “bunch” their maximum orderable amount into fewer days. For all orders starting July 8, 2021, orders can be bunched into fewer days if called into the office by 3pm the day before. For those who wish to continue to order your 1.5% maximum each day, carry on as usual (below Haystack by 5pm the day before and above Haystack 7:30am the day of the order) for as long as there is water in the account.
How does this work?
If you were only able 0.10 cfs across 7 days, this equates to 1.40 acre-feet within a Monday-Sunday week (remember 1cfs =~2 acre-feet). An example of bunching an order would be 0.70 cfs in ONE day, or 0.35 cfs in TWO days, etc. The bottom line being, that whatever you order cannot exceed 1.40 acre-feet in a 7-day period from Monday through Sunday.
However, special rules apply:
- “Bunch” orders must be made through the main office by 3pm the day before! (Yes, that includes those ordering Above Haystack)
- Patrons seeking to switch water orders among turnouts on the same day, especially across ditch rides, must call the office by 3pm the day before!
- Patrons cannot exceed the total amount orderable within a week (defined as Monday-Sunday)
- Ditchriders still do not work on Sundays. Saturday through Monday is a 48-hr run, patrons cannot turn on Saturday if a 48-hr run exceeds their weekly maximum.
- If it is found that an order exceeds a patron’s limit, the turnout will be shut-off immediately, orders can be placed for Monday of the next week.